Is my business name taken? The best way to find out if your business name is taken is to do a business entity search within your state, check Federal Trademark Records, and search the web to find businesses with the same or a similar name.
How do I find my official business name?
California Business Name Search
- Select “Corporation Name” or “LP/LLC Name.”
- Enter all or part of your business name next to “Search Criteria.”
- Filter by keyword, exact match, or “begins with.”
- Click “Search.”
How do I check to see if a business name is available?
Visit your county clerk’s office and see whether the name you have chosen for your company has already been registered in your jurisdiction. Depending on the state in which you live, there may be a fictitious business name database that lists all registered business names in your state.
How do I find an LLC name?
Go to the website of the business formation agency in your state and do a search there. Look for the option to conduct a “business entity search,” “llc name search,” or “corporation/LLC search,” since the terminology may differ depending on the state.
How do I find company details?
Steps to Check Company Registration Status
- Step 1: Go to the MCA website.
- Step 2: Go to the ‘MCA Services’ tab. In the drop-down click on ‘View Company/LLP Master Data’.
- Step 3: Enter the companies CIN. Enter the captcha code. Click on ‘Submit’.
How do I find the registered owner of a business?
Research Strategies to Find Business Owners
- Make a Call.
- Check the Company Website.
- Do a Little Social Media Digging.
- Conduct a WHOIS Domain Lookup.
- Read the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Reports.
- Search State Databases of Registered Businesses.
- Contact Local Business Licensing or Regulatory Agencies.
How do I check to see if a business name is available in the US?
Use the USPTO’s free trademark database and to get yours registered. Simply go to http://www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm and click “Search.” Then follow the instructions you see on the screen.
How do I check if a name is registered?
You can search for federally registered trademarks by using the free trademark database on the USPTO’s website. To start, go to the USPTO’s Trademark Electronic Business Center at http://www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm and choose “Search.” Then follow the instructions you see on the screen.
Where can I find free online business information?
Here are a few resources and websites that may help you find the data on a particular business:
- Business and Company Resource Center. Access from Home – Use library barcode. …
- Reference USA. …
- Better Business Bureau. …
- Chamber of Commerce. …
- Hoovers Online.
How do I find a company’s registration number?
Your Company Registration Number (CRN) is unique to your limited company or LLP. You can find it on your certificate of incorporation and any official documentation received from Companies House. Your CRN is also displayed on the public register of companies, which can be accessed online via Companies House Service.